The best batting gloves is one which provides the player the much needed protection when batting, offers the necessary grip to allow the player perform and is comfortable to wear. It should also be durable and have the best value for money.
Finding the best batting gloves is an important goal for many baseball players. This is because batting gloves are a core component of the players gear and always account for the player competitive advantage. Choosing the right glove entails looking at the following factors as a guide:
- The grip of the gloves-Determined by construction material i.e leather has better grip than synthetic.
- The protection offered by the gloves – Consider the padding .
- Durability of the gloves– How is the stitching done
- Color options and general appeal of the gloves–
In detail analysis of these factors one will arrive at the best glove that has maximized on these features and can be referred to as “optimum Batting gloves”.
Below is a summarized guide on the top 6 best batting gloves. It also has rating for the gloves as provided feedback by the customers who bought the gloves at Amazon.
Comparison: Top 6 Best Batting Gloves of 2016/2017 !
|Brands||Image||Price||Colors||Ratings Out of 5|
|Easton Adult Typhoon III Batting Gloves (Small, Black/Black)||$$||6 Colors||4.2|
|Under Armour Men's UA Clean Up Batting Gloves Extra Large Black||$$$||12 Colors||4.4|
|Franklin Sports CFX Pro Adult Series Batting Glove||$||15 Colors||4.6|
|Rawlings Workhorse Adult Batting Gloves (Scarlet, Large)||$$||7 Colors||4.5|
|EvoShield ProStyle Protective Batting Gloves, Black, Small||$$$||12 Colors||4.3|
|Cutters Gloves Men's Power Control Baseball Batting Glove, White/White, Large||$||9 Colors||4.5|
Review of 5 Best Batting gloves
Easton has been in the business of manufacturing sports equipment for a long time. Their brand has come to be associated with functionality and durability. Their line of batting gloves remains popular because of these two important attributes. One of the most popular lines of batting gloves under the brand name is the Easton Adult Typhoon III Batting Gloves. The gloves epitomize the very values that make up Easton: functionality, durability and value for money. The following is a brief outline of the pros and cons that you can expect when you decide to get for yourself a pair of the Easton Adult Typhoon III Batting Gloves.
Pros of the Easton Adult Typhoon III Batting Gloves
- Enhanced durability because of the use of synthetic material for the thumb.
- Increased appeal because of the type of leather used and the overall design.
- Value for money because of a combination of enhanced features at relatively lower prices. The features are responsible for enhanced functionality.
- You will get increased variability since the gloves exist in different types of colors and patterns from which you can choose what you fancy.
Cons of the Easton Adult Typhoon III Batting Gloves
- The generally low prices at which the gloves are offered may not augur well with consumers who seek brand quality and attach a premium on prices.
One of the defining features of the Franklin Sports CFX Pro Adult Series Batting Gloves is that they have been designed, made and marketed for professional play. So professional are the gloves that they are usually used by a number of professional players during the actual league games. Needless to say, the gloves have been made with highly advanced features that enhance their feel, appearance and performance during play. The end result of having all these highly advanced technological features on this pair of gloves is that the gloves have been seen as a premium brand that not only attracts premium prices but also offers premium service to players.
Pros of the Franklin Sports CFX Pro Adult Series Batting Gloves
- Longevity. The manufactures of the gloves give a warranty period of 90 straight years. What this means is that the gloves are likely to outlive their owners.
- Enhanced technological features like the floating thumb technology, quad place and tectonic fit which enhance its overall performance and durability.
- Extra strength as a result of the use of a single piece of leather during the manufacturing of the gloves.
Cons of the Franklin Sports CFX Pro Adult Series Batting Gloves
- They may seem expensive to some users who are keen on getting deals.
- The gloves exist in a wide range of sizes. This may be a problem when it comes to selecting an appropriate size for you at times.
The Under Armour Men’s UA Clean Up Batting Gloves have been known for their elegant patterns and superior performance. The gloves have several technical features that make them stand out from the rest of batting gloves falling in the same category. For instance the gloves have been made from special goatskin leather. This type of leather is well known for use in making batting gloves with enhanced strength and durability. No wonder the makers of these batting gloves advertise them as some of the most string gloves in the market. And in a market where consumers pay much attention to specific attributes such as strength and durability, this feature proves to be one of the most effective unique selling proposition for the Under Armour Men’s UA Clean Up Batting Gloves.
Pros of the Under Armour Men’s UA Clean Up Batting Gloves
- Ease of use because of the special ability to stretch in all the four directions. This is important not only during use but also in maintaining the gloves.
- A perfect fit during play as a result of a special wrist locker. The wrist locker is important also in that it makes it easy to wear and remove the gloves.
- Perfect management of heat and moisture as a result of a special technology.
Cons of the Under Armour Men’s UA Clean Up Batting Gloves
- Although the gloves are strong, they may get ripped out when subjected to extreme conditions. This is not a big issue, though since many other gloves behave in more or less the same manner when subjected to similar conditions.
The Rawlings Workhorse Adult Batting Gloves are popular because of the way users associate them with extra ordinary strength and the ability to withstand the toughest of conditions on the pitch. The workhouse tag is taken literally to mean that the gloves can be used under any kind of circumstances and that they will be able to withstand all conditions. Apart from this, the gloves have different other properties that have made them to remain completely unique and popular among all types of players. Here is a brief outline of the pros and cons that you should expect to experience when you decide to own a pair of these gloves.
Pros of the Rawlings Workhorse Adult Batting Gloves
- The appeal of a premium brand that is associated with the high quality leather used and the overall design that the gloves have.
- Wonderful grip which allows you to have superior control. The good grip is a result of the special treatment that the gloves have been subjected to.
- Perfect fit as a result of the special material that has been used in the manufacture of the gloves. The material allows the gloves to stretch in accordance with your needs.
Cons of the Rawlings Workhorse Adult Batting Gloves
- Although the gloves are sold in a arrange of colors including black, graphite, blue and scarlet, some users feel that the range of colors is not comprehensive enough to take care of all different tastes.
One of the strongest selling points of Evoshield Adult Pro Batting Gloves is the use of innovative technology in their design and manufacture. The gloves have a number of technologically advanced features that make them quite unique when compared to the others in the same category. Besides, since the manufacturing company has been in the business for quite long, this brand of batting gloves enjoys an unparalleled success and popularity in the market. The following is a brief outline of some of the advantages that one gets when using these gloves for batting. There is also a brief outline of some of the disadvantages that one can experience when using them.
Pros of the Evoshield Adult Pro Batting Gloves
- Enhanced mobility as a result of the special leather used to allow the gloves to stretch in accordance with the movements of your hands during play.
- Wonderful padding as a result of the use of a special gel that makes the gloves extremely strong and able to handle any kind of pressure experienced during play.
- Good grip as a result of the use of special technology that makes the gloves follow the unique contours of your palm.
Cons of the Evoshield Adult Pro Batting Gloves
- The hand shield may be cumbersome to use, particularly when the gloves are new and it had to get accustomed to your palm.
The Cutters Gloves Men’s Power Control Baseball Batting Gloves have been made specifically for hitters. Their design and manufacture makes them ideal for use for a long period of time. Besides, the gloves have a number of important features that make their use a completely comfortable and memorable experience. They are some of the gloves that one can trust for wonderful performance at all times. This point is made prominent when you consider the price at which they are offered to the market. The following is a list of some of the advantages and disadvantages that users can experience when using them.
Pros of the Cutters Gloves Men’s Power Control Baseball Batting Gloves
- Ease of use because the gloves have been designed to follow the shape of your fingers. This means that you get a comfortable feel throughout the game.
- The gloves are exceptionally long lasting. This gives you value for your money since you do not have to replace them every now and then.
- Ease of maintenance. The gloves can be easily washed and dried.
- Comfort when using them because of the material that has been used which enhances ventilation.
Cons of the Cutters Gloves Men’s Power Control Baseball Batting Gloves
- Some users find it difficult to get the right size of the gloves that fit them best. However, there is an easy way to get the right size of gloves.
Choosing best batting gloves guide
When choosing best batting gloves based on the material, the two options available are leather and synthetic. Most
batters tend to prefer the leather due to its natural grip on the bat thought this is usually expensive. In most cases though, a mixture of leather and synthetic is common. High quality cabretta leather palm is usually the ideal case for increased softness and feel. When it comes to flexibility and breathability, synthetic beats leather and hence preferred for this instance. Therefore you should look for areas of stretchable fabric and mesh when picking leather batting gloves for great comfort and coolness. If you want more enhanced grip, look for gloves with embossing or textures and this will definitely improve your performance while batting.
There are various aspects that can improve the feel and fit of the best batting gloves when it comes to construction.
- Articulate thumb- We generally look for glove whose thumb should be allowed to move freely without pulling the rest of the batting glove. This is achieved by having a thumb piece of the glove which is cut separately from the rest of the material.
- Finger shaping- Most top gloves today have pre-curved fingers. This is desirable when choosing batting gloves as they will retain their natural curve rather than lay flat when taken off. This ensures theirs is no extra material or bunching when you grip the bat. Same effect can be found in the stretch zones over the knuckles which allow extension and flexion without bulk.
Batting gloves sizing
It’s important to find a glove that fits correctly i.e. should be snug enough to provide the needed grip and not too tight to ensure comfort. Again if the glove doesn’t fit properly it might tear on the seam. It will be helpful to know how to measure the hand to determine the correct glove size as most people will not have the luxury of trying them on. The needed measurement includes the width and length of the hand.
- To measure the length of the hand, you need to outstretch the fingers with the palm of the hand facing up then using a soft tape measure the base of the palm to the tip of the middle finger.
- To measure the width of the hand, you wrap the tape measure across the widest part of the hand and around the back of the hand. The thumb should be excluded.
The dominant hand is chosen for this measurements i.e. if you are right handed then your right hand is dominant and is the one to be measured and vice versa.
- Custom batting gloves
- Digi camo batting gloves
- Demarini Batting gloves
- Rawlings pro preferred
- Neumann batting gloves
What to look for when choosing the best batting gloves:
The hands are usually the most prone to injury when trying to stop a high speed ball and this can slow down performance. This can occur if a mistimed shot causes the ball to jam the hand against the bat handle. Therefore protection offered by the glove is essential and is a useful guide in choosing the right glove. When choosing the right glove the following factors need to be considered:
- Purchasing Decision
Protection The Core Over the years the basic protection offered by the batting gloves hasn’t changed in most aspects. Ordinarily, raw cotton fibres are stuffed into sections resembling sausages then get connected to the hand section and back of the finger. Most cheap gloves have minimal difference to those used decades ago. The higher you move up the price ranges where technology has been integrated in the design makes them very different to those used decades ago. Side Bars As the price range increases to the mid ranges, additional feature such as side bar padding is added. This provides added protection to the index finger from the awkwardly bouncing balls. High Density Foam Modern high density foam has slowly replaced the raw cotton used for primary padding in the batting gloves. This is because it offers enhances impact absorption and reduced weight. Therefore when choosing the batting gloves, as you move up in the price ranges expect increased use of High density foam more to a point where the cotton is replaced completely. Inserts and Finger Casings The High Density and raw cotton padding is no longer sufficient in hand protection as the pace of the ball increases. Stiffer materials are thus incorporated by the manufactures at this stage to offer better protection. These can be strong plastics which ensure the impact is spread over greater area of padding. Higher levels of protection can be offered by using these stiffer materials to create casings or tunnels for the finger. Majority of high speed impacts occurs at the first two fingers of the lower hand, thus this is where this level of protection is reserved for.